Aiming for the best possible electric guitar all must be right: the looks, the feel, the tone. Playability, intonation, tuning stability. And the price.
Since the birth of the iconic elctric guitars of the day, modern technologies emerged, allowing us to improve quality to the max. As modern luthiers we use the latest state of the art production techniques available, such as: computer-aided design and manufacturing (cad/cam), machine-controlled wood carving (CNC), computer-controlled fret leveling (PLEK), waterjet cutting, and printing and laser technology. These innovations are not used for mass production, but for accuracy and quality. It's purely the time and care we put into a guitar, that makes a Schwung a boutique guitar. These SCHWUNG's are still handmade, in The Netherlands and partly in Germany, in small numbers only. It takes around 12 weeks to build one guitar or a small batch, from order to delivery.
In 2023 we will presend a 5 string bass! Check out my vision, the guitars in the shop, and our custom options. Feel free to ask me for a quotation or advice. Enjoy.
Charles J. Janssen
founder, designer, producer, player and owner of Schwung Guitars
How exactly do we combine the proven, traditional and authentic guitar characteristics with modern technology and innovations? Allow me to specify this. In order to create an electric guitar that meets the highest standard of playability and ergonomics, as well as tone, intonation and tuning stability, the construction of that guitar must be well designed and build with the right components. For Schwung, his means:
- truly 3D cad/cam design (construction)
- well dried tone woods, often recycled
- cut with CNC precision
- slightly a-symmetric C-shape neck feels comfortable, silky soft and smooth (any custom option available).
- ergonomic compound radius fingerboard: ranging from 8’ to 13’
- available in 2 scales and also in a (subtle) multi scale
- 24 stainless steel frets, for better sound, more sustain and long lasting durability.
- perfectly aligned frets using computer aided PLEK technology
- allowing for lowest possible string action and superb playability.
- precision compensated nut and bridge positions, or multi scale option, for optimal intonation (CNC accuracy)
- uncompromising ergonomics (balance, position of knobs, switches, tuners and jack input)
- high end hardware (GraphTech, Sperzel, Grover, G&L, Gotoh, Kahler, Schaller, etc), solid and well coupled to the body, transferring string energy
- high end pickups & electronics (all brands)
- optional on-board tuner (N-Tune) on the V-pot
- large stock and smart production => delivery time is 12 weeks
On top of the clever design and innovative features, we combine a refreshing look with state of the art components. Without copying the icons.
Schwung offers you 3 different models. The Schwung KASTER is based on the Fender styles. The Schwung MAHOGANY is inspired by the Gibson solid bodies. And the Schwung CROSSOVER is based on the more versatile crossover style, like some PRS’s. All models can be build in a light weight, semi hollow version as well.
The guitars in the shop are for sale, if not sold yet. They also may inspire you to configure your dream guitar. I most enjoy building your custom SCHWUNG, in accordance with your preferences, sending you photographs and videos of the process. All guitars can be made in any available colour, wood, scale, pickguard shape, and in any desired pickup and hardware combination.
Our prices range from € 2400 to € 5200 (for the semi hollow models), including case or gigbag and shipping within the EU. Excluding taxes. Shipping outside EU depend on the conditions and insurance options. For custom orders we ask 50% in advance and 50% on delivery.
Get in touch!