For your ultimate guitar all must be right: the looks, the feel, the tone. I understand that, because I am a player too. With more than fifty years of guitar experience I started in 2014 with a brand new, functional and ergonomic design.
Our concept respects the traditions of the electric guitar. But 'vintage' is just another word for 'old'. We can do better. Modern technologies emerged - since the birth of the iconic guitars of the day - that allow us to improve quality to the max. As modern luthiers we use the latest state of the art production techniques available, such as: cad/cam, CNC, PLEK, watercutting, print- and laser technology. We use these innovations not for mass production but for accuracy and quality. It's merely the time and care we put in, that makes it a boutique guitar. These SCHWUNG's are still handmade.
SCHWUNG's are made in The Netherlands and partly in Germany, in small numbers only. It takes us 11 weeks to build one guitar or a small batch, from order to delivery.
Check out my vision, guitars in the shop, and custom options. Feel free to contact me for a quotation or advice, by DM, email, telephone or WhatsApp. Follow us on Instagram or Facebook. Or visit us, at an exhibition or here at our shop in The Netherlands, The Hague - Scheveningen.
Charles J. Janssen
founder, designer, producer, player, salesmanager and CEO of Schwung Guitars, and member of the European Guitar Builders.
How exactly do we combine the proven, traditional and authentic guitar characteristics with modern technology and innovations? Allow me to specify this. SCHWUNG guitars:
- are milled with CNC accuracy, on the basis of truly 3D cad/cam design,
- out of very well dried tone woods (often recycled old wood).
- the slightly a-symmetric C-shape medium neck feels comfortable, silky soft and smooth.
- ergonomic compound radius fingerboard: arched with a more pronounced radius at the nut that flattens out slightly over the length of the board, ranging from 8’ (inch) at the nut to 13’ on the bridge.
- available in 2 scales: 641 mm (= 25.25 inch, a little shorter than a Fender) and 652 mm (= 25.65 inch, just a little longer than a Fender)
- available also in a subtle multi scale (fanned fret), for even better intonation. Because of the modest difference between the two scales combined you will get used to the fanned frets immediately.
- 24 stainless steel frets, for better sound, more sustain and long lasting durability.
- perfectly aligned frets using computer aided PLEK technology (www.PLEKHAUS.de) except for the fanned fret option.
- allowing for lowest possible string action and superb playability.
- precision compensated nut and bridge positions for optimal intonation (CNC accuracy !)
- uncompromising ergonomics by strat-style body, balanced centre of gravity and ideal position of knobs, switches and tuners (more spacing) and jack input (on the front).
- a GraphTech nut - made of hard material, without the inconsistency found in ivory, bone or other natural material - contributes to harmonically rich tone. It is also permanently lubricated which increases tuning stability for big string bends, aggressive playing or heavy tremolo use.
- Sperzel Locking Tuners have more mass, which creates sustain, and feature variable post heights to improve the string angle and pressure on the nut, eliminating the need for string retainers. Also, the strings pass the nut straight ahead. This all contributes significantly to tuning stability and playing comfort.
- 6 bridges are possible, all top brands (G&L, Gotoh, Kahler and Schaller). These bridges and tailpiece hardware are solid and well coupled to the body, transferring string energy, thus also contribute to creating tone. (Dan Erlwine: ‘coupling‘!).
- high end, top-brand pickups, pots and capacitators.
- 3 quick release strap lock buttons (Grover), 2 of which are at the bottom, preventing the guitar to fall over and get damaged (why didn’t anybody think of this before?)
- an N-tune on-board tuner is optional.
- many other custom options are available, just ask.
- due to large stock and smart production the delivery time is reduced to 11 weeks.
- elegant design and endless shape and colour combinations give every Schwung guitar a unique appearance, and thus a distinct identity.
On top of the clever design and innovative features, we combine a refreshing look and state of the art components, but they still reflect their rock and roll heritage, without copying the icons.
Schwung Guitars offers you 3 different models and a custom option. The Schwung KASTER is based on the Fender styles. The Schwung MAHOGANY is inspired by the Gibson solid bodies. And the Schwung CROSSOVER is based on the more versatile crossover style, like most PRS’s. A SCHWUNG can be fully customized to your wishes. All guitars can be made in any available colour, wood, scale, pickguard shape, and in any desired pickup and hardware combination.
Schwung Guitars feature a lot more than the expensive custom shop guitars of the big brands, and can be yours for a fair price. Schwung guitar prices start around € 2500,- including gigbag or case and shipping within the EU. Shipping outside EU is extra and depend on the conditions and insurance options.
You can configure your dream guitar yourself, or ask for advice, and order directly with me. Get in touch!
note: about guitar pricing, listen to vice-president of the European Guitar Builders Association, Juha Ruokangas on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HEh73Vp21k&feature=youtu.be